Heritage Trail Vision & Mission Statements
At Heritage Trail we strive to empower our students to achieve their fullest potential in all areas by embracing a culture of integrity where all learners will have success today and be prepared for tomorrow.MISSION
Our mission is to empower our students to achieve their fullest potential by:
Cultivating an inclusive, safe, and caring learning environment
Modeling and setting the standard for respectful, responsible, peaceful, and kind behavior
Implementing reflective and responsive teaching practices
Engaging in collaborative opportunities between students, parents, staff, and the community
Preparing students for their role as caring and active citizens
Heritage Trail Policies/Procedures
Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
As a reminder, the following are the procedures for arrival and dismissal of our students at Troy Heritage Trail. Only the buses will be using the front lane closest to Longford Drive for arrival and dismissal of students. We appreciate your cooperation in following the procedures for the safety of all Heritage Trail students.
- The lane immediately in front of Heritage Trail will function as a Stop & Drop zone. NO PARKING WILL BE ALLOWED IN THIS LANE.
- All Children will be dropped off and picked up in front of the building.
- Students may enter the building at 8:20am.
- No double or triple parking will be allowed in the Stop & Drop lane.
- Parents who plan to enter the building or to walk their children to or from the front door will need to park in the east lot.
- Vehicles dropping off or picking up students will be stopped while students use the crosswalk to depart from or board the buses and to allow buses to enter or depart from the school.
- Parking will not be allowed in fire lanes or in marked crosswalk areas at any time during the day. Violators may be ticketed.
Through cooperation and patience we can work together to assure the safety of all Heritage Trail children.
Absent From School
It is the parents' responsibility to contact the Heritage Trail office at 815-577-9195 when your child will be absent from school. If you want homework sent home or left in the office, please let us know when you call in the student's absence. Our policy states that students who have not been called in by an adult will have an unexcused absence on their record.
Can I Pick Up My Child Early?
All students who leave the school early or are picked up from school are required to be signed out in the office by an adult. Please be prepared to show your photo ID. Unless it is an emergency, we must have a note from the parent at the start of the school day. If your child is to be picked up at the end of the school day, he/she can be signed out at the front east doors. If your child is to be picked up early, he/she will need to be signed out in the office.