Serving Grades K-4
The Shorewood Promise, recited daily following the Pledge of Allegiance: I promise to be a peacemaker today. I choose to be responsible, and the best learner possible. I will be respectful and help others daily. I will do my best to make my school a terrific place to learn.
Shorewood Drop-Off & Pick-Up Policies
- Children should NOT arrive before 8:20 am
- Children may enter the building when the doors open at 8:20 am and proceed directly to their classrooms or to the cafeteria for grab and go breakfast
- All children MUST be in their classrooms and ready to learn by 8:35 am
- Tardy students must sign into the office where they will be given a pass to be bring to their teacher
Absent From School
It is the parents' responsibility to contact the Shorewood office at 815-577-7312 when your child will be absent from school. Please call our office before 8:35 am with your child's name, teacher's name, and the reason for the absence. Our school is equipped with voicemail, so you may call anytime, day or night, and leave a message. Our policy states that students who have not been called in by an adult will have an unexcused absence on their record.
Can I Pick Up My Child Early?
Please use the front entrance (south end of the building) when entering to pick up your children. All other doors are locked during school hours. Students will only be released from the office after you sign them out. When a student is being picked up early or at dismissal, we must have a note from the parent/guardian. We will release a student without a note only on an emergency basis. Please send a note for each student and for every pickup. If your student is a daily pickup and you have a note on file, you do not need to send a note daily. All students who leave school early are required to be signed out in the school office by a parent/guardian.
From Bus to Bus
Due to the number of students we transport daily, the district only allows students to ride the bus or van that is designated to transport them to and from their homes. Bus passes to change a bus will not be issued unless it is an extreme emergency.
Troy 30C Mission Statement
- Our learning community will be accountable and responsible for fulfilling our mission.
- Will be creative and independent problem solvers while developing a life-long passion for learning.
- Will be collaborative partners in making education the priority.
- Will be advocates for all learners, focus on academic achievement, and build on student successes by committing to continuous instructional improvement and providing an environment that supports the social development of all students.