Troy 30-C has partnered with Arbor Management, Inc. to offer nutritious, healthy food options to all students. Troy 30-C participates in the USDA sponsored National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs, and all meals and snacks served meet or exceed the standards required by these programs. Arbor Management is a privately held, employee owned business that has provided services to school districts in the Midwest for over thirty years. We are committed to providing a highly customized service specifically designed to meet the needs of the students, parents, and staff of Troy 30-C.
Nourishment & Fresh Foods
Our nutrition team including professional chefs, registered dietitians, and experienced foodservice managers work in synergy to develop healthy, balanced meals that are created fresh with quality ingredients that students enjoy. Our registered dietitians utilize strategies supported by sound nutrition science as the framework for menu planning. Arbor chefs put a creative, healthy spin on scratch recipes. Our goal is to replace processed foods with whole foods and fresh ingredients.
Nutrition Education & Promotion
Arbor provides an environment for students to learn how to create healthy meals from a wide variety of options. Our chef created, dietitian approved meals provide a guide modeling the most current nutrition guidelines. Dietitian led nutrition education programs allow for unique, interactive student engagement such as “Dietitians Test Kitchens”, “Ask the Dietitian” lunch booths, classroom presentations, and wellness fair activities. Nutrition education is reinforced with vivid displays, nutrition & wellness flyers, activity sheets, fruit and veggie of the month, and monthly nutritional newsletters. Our Corporate Dietitian is available to answer questions via the Arbor website “Ask a Dietitian” link. We make it easy for students and parents to be confident about their health and wellness knowledge.
Arbor's Mission is to:
- Aid in the fight against childhood obesity by serving wholesome meals that provide fuel and nutrients for a healthy body weight
- Maximize the use of fresh fruits and vegetables purchased locally as seasonally available
- Serve a wide assortment of fresh, nutrient rich foods every day and encourage the consumption of wholesome, balanced meals
- Provide a variety of protein options including lean meat, poultry, legumes, tofu, hummus, yogurt, and quinoa
- Serve products with a minimum number of ingredients and avoid added sugars, artificial ingredients, and preservatives
- Use cage free poultry with no added hormones or steroids
- Purchase fresh eggs from a local farm that has been awarded for innovative conservation and ships eggs within twenty four hours of being laid
- Serve local skim and low-fat milk that is free from artificial growth hormones and is produced at sustainable farms
- Eliminate all trans-fats
- Utilize healthy cooking techniques including baking, grilling, and steaming
- Conduct surveys, taste tests, and food advisory committees to collaborate and brainstorm new ideas with students, parents, and staff
- Provide education and information regarding allergen safety, label reading, and age appropriate portions sizes
- Offer fresh, whole and multi-grain breads to increase vitamin and fiber intake
- Promote environmental responsibility and sustainability