Heritage Trail Vision & Mission Statements
At Heritage Trail we strive to empower our students to achieve their fullest potential in all areas by embracing a culture of integrity where all learners will have success today and be prepared for tomorrow.MISSION
Our mission is to empower our students to achieve their fullest potential by:
Cultivating an inclusive, safe, and caring learning environment
Modeling and setting the standard for respectful, responsible, peaceful, and kind behavior
Implementing reflective and responsive teaching practices
Engaging in collaborative opportunities between students, parents, staff, and the community
Preparing students for their role as caring and active citizens
Heritage Trail Policies/Procedures
Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
As a reminder, the following are the procedures for arrival and dismissal of our students at Troy Heritage Trail. Only the buses will be using the front lane closest to Longford Drive for arrival and dismissal of students. We appreciate your cooperation in following the procedures for the safety of all Heritage Trail students.
- The front drive will function as a Bus zone only. NO DRIVING OR PARKING WILL BE ALLOWED IN THIS LANE.
- Car riders should drive around the building to the West side of the school. All children will be dropped off and picked up on the West side of the building.
- Students may enter the building at 8:20am.
- No double or triple parking will be allowed in the Stop & Drop lane.
- Walkers will enter through doors 2, 12, and 4.
- Only people who need to visit the office will be allowed to park and walk to up.
- Vehicles dropping off or picking up students will be stopped while students use the crosswalk and to allow buses to enter or depart from the school.
Through cooperation and patience we can work together to assure the safety of all Heritage Trail children.
Absent From School
It is the parents' responsibility to contact the Heritage Trail office at 815-577-9195 when your child will be absent from school. If you want homework sent home or left in the office, please let us know when you call in the student's absence. Our policy states that students who have not been called in by an adult will have an unexcused absence on their record.
Can I Pick Up My Child Early?
All students who leave the school early or are picked up from school are required to be signed out in the office by an adult. Please be prepared to show your photo ID. Unless it is an emergency, we must have a note from the parent at the start of the school day. If your child is to be picked up at the end of the school day, he/she can be signed out at the front east doors. If your child is to be picked up early, he/she will need to be signed out in the office.